DETROIT, MI – A Wind Advisory is in effect for the Metro Detroit area along with other counties in Michigan until 8 p.m. on Sunday, February 12th, 2017.
The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 3:00 p.m. this afternoon to 8:00 p.m. EST this evening. This is considered to be hazardous weather.
* Occasional peak wind gusts at or near 45 mph between 3pm and 8pm.
* Downed limbs and localized power outages will be possible
* Hazardous driving for high-profile vehicles.
* AFFECTED AREAS: LENAWEE … LIVINGSTON … MACOMB … MONROE … OAKLAND … WASHTENAW … WAYNE
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult…especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
* Prepare, plan and stay informed. Visit http://go.usa.gov/c7kkP