The incident took place at Zales jewelry, 32449 Gratiot Ave, inside the Macomb Mall.
On December 30th, 2017, approximately 3:30pm, the suspect is seen entering the mall where he then goes into Zales. The suspect entered the store and asked about jewelry. The conversation leads to financing a ring. An employee showed the suspect two rings for comparison. While doing so, the suspect grabbed both rings and ran from the store. The suspect then fled from the mall.
There was no weapon indicated or seen and there were no injuries. The suspect was by himself.
The suspect is described as being:
• Black Male, 25+- year, 5’7” – 5’8” tall, medium build, Goatee
• Black baseball cap with emblems, pins, etc. on all sides and on cap bill
• Dark colored waist length coat
• Dark colored hoodie under the coat, a large emblem on the front
• Dark colored pants
• Tan colored boots
• From a distant camera view it appears that suspect was the lone occupant of a light colored (possible silver) passenger car.
Taken: Two (2) rings ($18,000.00 value for both)
• Celebration Grand 1 CT. Princess-Cut Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring in 14K White Gold
• Vera Wang Love Collection 2 CT. T.W. Diamond Frame Split Shank Engagement Ring in 14K White Gold
If you have Information please contact the police.
Officer in charge: Detective Sergeant R. Gudenau 586 – 447-4493
Front Desk 586 – 447-4484
Roseville Incident: 17 – 36945