NORTH BRANCH, MI – On Monday May 20th, at 3:24 PM, Lapeer County 911 dispatched Lapeer County Sheriff’s Deputies to a roll over serious injury traffic crash with multiple occupants ejected on Barnes Road to the east of Merrill Road in North Branch.
A 2001 Chev Impala was traveling west on Barnes Road. The 16 year old male driver from North Branch lost control and departed the north side of the roadway. After departing the roadway, the vehicle overturned multiple times within a farm field. The vehicle eventually came to rest on its tires. There were three occupants with two ejected.
1) 16 year old boy from North Branch (driver- not wearing seat belt- ejected)
2) 17 year old girl from Silverwood (front seat passenger-wearing seat belt)
3) 16 year old boy from Silverwood (rear seats- not wearing seat belt-ejected).
All three occupants were transported to McLaren in Lapeer. Names are withheld due to ages and juveniles.
1) The 16 year old driver remains hospitalized at McLaren in Lapeer in serious condition.
2) 17 year old front seat passenger is hospitalized at McLaren in Lapeer and expected to be discharged within the near future.
3) 16 year old rear seat occupant sustained serious injuries and transferred to Beaumont Hospital.
The roadway was closed for approximately three hours for rescue and investigation conducted by the Lapeer County Sheriff’s Traffic Crash Reconstruction Division. The Lapeer County Sheriff’s Office was assisted at the scene by Burlington Township Fire Department, Marlette EMS Ambulance Service, and Lapeer County EMS Ambulance Service.