DEARBORN, MI – Working jointly with the Canton Police Department, officers watched as a subject entered the new car lot at a local car dealer. The subject brazenly removed a floor jack from his car and took the tires and wheels off of a new vehicle, leaving the car sitting on cement blocks during the daylight hours.
Officers continued to follow the subject as he took the tires to a home in Detroit where he hid the tires in a second vehicle. He was eventually arrested and the tires were recovered. The subject was identified as Brian Jones, 42-years-old, of Detroit.
The Wayne County Prosecutor charged Brian Jones with Receiving and Concealing Stolen Property / 4th Habitual. He was arraigned in front of the Honorable Judge Salamey of the 19th District Court and given a $20,000 bond and a GPS Tether. Jones waived his preliminary exam and his parole was violated due to the new charges.
Based on records from the Michigan Department of Corrections, Brian Jones has previous convictions for:
- False Pretenses $50,000 or More but Less $100,000
- Robbery Armed
- 2 counts of Car Jacking
- Financial Transaction Device- Stealing/Retaining w/o Consent
- Assault with Dangerous Weapon (Felonious Assault)
- Assault with Intent to Rob while Armed
- 2 counts of Unlawfully Driving Away an Automobile
- Checks w/o Account or W/O Suff Funds
- 2 counts of Rec. Stolen Property Over $100
- 2 counts of Larceny From a Motor Vehicle
Disclaimer: All individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information posted on this website and its affiliated social media. MI Headlines reserves the right to withhold certain information if its release is not in the community’s best interest, or if we feel it unnecessary.