DETROIT, MI – Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) contract crews are gearing up for multiple lane closures and total closures on Metro Detroit state roadways (I, M, and US routes) this weekend in order to maintain project deadlines, many of which are scheduled to be finished by the end of the summer/early fall.
START DATE: Friday, July 26, 2019 ESTIMATED END DATE: Monday, July 29, 2019
– Eastbound I-696 will have the two left lanes open from Dequindre Road to I-94, 7 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday.
– I-75 will have one lane open in each direction from Square Lake Road to Baldwin Road, 4 a.m. Saturday – 5 a.m. Monday.
– Eastbound I-96 will have one lane open at Wixom Road, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday.
– Eastbound M-5 will be closed from Grand River Avenue to Farmington Road, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Friday.
– Eastbound M-5 will be closed from I-696 to M-102 (8 Mile Road), 9 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday.
– Westbound I-696 will have one lane open from US-24 (Telegraph Road) to I-275, 4 a.m. – noon Saturday.
– Eastbound I-696 will have one lane open from I-275 to US-24, 4 a.m. – noon Sunday.
– M-59 will be closed between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Opdyke Road, 10 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday.
– Eastbound I-94 will be closed from I-96 to Conner Street, 9 p.m. Friday – 4 p.m. Saturday; remains closed from I-96 to I-75 until 5 a.m. Monday.
– Westbound I-94 will have one lane open from M-1 (Woodward Avenue) to US-12 (Michigan Avenue), 9 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday.
– I-375 will have one lane open in each direction from I-75 to Jefferson Avenue, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily Saturday and Sunday.
– M-10 will have one lane open in each direction from I-94 to M-8, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily Saturday and Sunday.
– Northbound M-39 (Southfield Road) will have one lane open from M-85 (Fort Street) to Dix-Toledo Road, 9 a.m. Friday – Thursday, Aug. 8.
– Northbound US-24 will have one lane open from I-96 to 5 Mile Road/Fenkell Avenue through mid-August.
MDOT appreciates everyone’s patience during this much-needed work. Please continue to follow all posted speed limits and other signs in work zones – workers are trusting you with their lives.
For up-to-date lane closure and traffic incident information, go to Mi Drive: www.Michigan.gov/Drive.